Saturday, May 28, 2011

Almost June...

I can't believe it's almost JUNE.
I've been working at school as a housekeeper, so I feel like my days are relatively the same, but I'm not ACTUALLY going to school... The temperature outside is staying at a mild sort of warm state and I'm okay with that. I'm not looking forward to the nights that are so blistering hot that I don't know what to do with myself... but I'll take those when they come. Jordan and I have been watching a lot of Jamie Oliver's cooking shows and it has definitely inspired us to eat more locally and to be more adventurous and experimental with our cooking. There's a weekly farmer's market here in Abbotsford that we would like to check out this following weekend. Cooking is something that I've always loved to do and I'm finding that it's something that really relaxes me. I love finding new recipes and finding out new ways of doing things that I never thought of. My good friend Hillary and I are trying new recipes every week or so. We did stuffed mushroom caps and falafels. The next on our list is strawberry rhubarb pie and raspberry lime cupcakes. If you've ever seen the move Julie and Julia you will probably think I'm a total copy cat, but I would love to share recipes that I have found, made and loved. I've always wanted to find a reason to blog. A reason that isn't just me rambling about my boring little life. Maybe I've found it....

No comments: