Wednesday, October 03, 2012

No Bake "Energy Balls"

I was looking for a recipe that included things that I had in my cupboard, and things that I didn't have to bake.. so I came across this lovely recipe and it yields amazing results!


No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
Method:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.  (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.)  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls.
Recipe and Photo found at this amazing blog

1 comment:

AmanDan said...

Haha! we make something similar and call them "breast balls" since they are AMAZING for new moms who need a quick snack while breastfeeding!