Saturday, August 15, 2015

Thoughts on Babies and Infertility: Revised

So I've logged onto my blog for the first time in almost a year, and as I look at my last post I am reminded of where I was last year emotionally/spiritually.

Today, just over a year later, I am looking down at my almost 12 week old daughter who is playing on her play mat next to me. When I wrote my previous post, there is no way I thought that I would be where I am today. Lucy Grace was born on May 29th, and she is absolutely miraculous and precious. She is learning new things every day, and it is such a joy to watch her grow and develop! 

We were surprised to find out that I was pregnant on September 29th of last year. I had bought a pregnancy test at the dollar store. I didn't think I was pregnant, I just wanted to take the test, see that it was negative and get on with my month (because at this point I was late). Just as I was about to throw the test in the garbage I noticed that second little pink line show up! I can't even describe the feeling that I felt when I saw that little line. Jordan was sleeping because he was still working night shifts at this point. I ran into our pitch black room and sat next to him on the bed. I was shaking. Jordan woke up and because of my reaction, thought there was some sort of tragic accident or that someone was seriously injured. I managed to finally spit out the words "it's positive" and melted into a sobbing mess. Pure happiness and complete fear all at the same time. It finally happened, what I had been waiting for for years. What we thought was impossible finally came true. We decided to head to the drug store and get a more expensive test to REALLY make sure I was pregnant. Sure enough, the expensive test said the same as the one that cost $1.25! 

After 3 years of trying, and doctors telling us that it would be extremely difficult for us to have children, we have our little girl and we couldn't be happier. God is good.









4 comments:

AmanDan said...

Oh Carlye! This is so beautiful. What a complete miracle. You had me in tears (again) over this. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see little Lucy again!

Unknown said...

How adorable and wonderfull.
God bless your indelible souls.
Cya Upstairs someday...

Unknown said...

How adorable and wonderfull.
God bless your indelible souls.
Cya Upstairs someday...

Anonymous said...

Potentially you're carpooling with teammates to and from the motel to the get-together concentration, maybe you're voyaging solo, or perhaps you're getting your associate or kids tow. Rent Car Rawalpindi Regardless of the condition, you require a vehicle that can agree with your need and not go through each and every Rent.