Infused Olive Oils:
Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 4-oz glass bottle with cork
(1) Peel the garlic by breaking each clove with the side of a wide knife. You want to break the cloves, not smash them. Remove the peel and cut off the stem end of each clove.
(2) Slice cloves in half, and drop them all into your glass bottle. Set aside.
(3) In a sauce pan, heat olive oil until a few small bubbles start forming .
** If your oil starts smoking, take it off the stove and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
(4) Carefully pour warm oil into the bottle over garlic cloves. Don’t overfill.
(5) Cork the bottle and store in the refrigerator.
** Your oil will get cloudy and congeal in the fridge, but if you bring the bottle out before you start cooking and allow it to reach room temp again, it should become clear and liquid again.
(6) Serve with bread, drizzled over salads, or in everyday cooking.